Goal Setting and Aligning Your Personal and Business Life for Maximum Effectiveness (and Happiness)!
By Jon Bartos
2020 is just about over and it could not come too soon. As we all have experienced, the recruiting and staffing market has seen its first contraction since 2009. Even though most in the industry are seeing a slight uptick in the market this fall, climbing out of 2020 and jumping into 2021 cannot come soon enough.
Now here is the good news. Most economist agree that the next 12 months, no matter how the election on November 3rd ends up, will be a high growth year for the recruiting and staffing market. But the real question will be this. Will YOU be able to take advantage of the market upswing?
Are you putting plans together, taking inventory of your strengths and weaknesses, aligning your personal goals with business goals, and getting you and your team ready to capitalize on it as it rockets back? If not, you are not alone. DMH research out of Portland, Oregon did a study on how many people have written goals and a life plan every year. It is sad to say the only 1/3rd of individuals plan every year and only 8% achieve their goals. Yes - there is still time to get it done before year end.
The following are the questions that you need to ask yourself to properly get your mind right and your priorities balanced to set goals to have the maximum effectiveness and thus happiness. Here are the questions to start off with – before you do your goal setting.
Taking Inventory and Self Evaluation
- What were my successes in 2020
- What were my shortcomings in 2020?
- What three things do I need to change in my personal life that would make a significant positive impact on 2021?
- What three things do I need to change in my professional life that would make a significant positive impact on 2021
- On a Scale of 1-10, 10 being Incredible. How good am I at the following?
- Research and Planning
- Appointment Getting with Candidates and Clients
- Marketing and Business Development – bringing on great Searches
- What am I most grateful for in my life?
- What is most important to me in my life?
Being honest with yourself is mission critical. Taking inventory is not easy and can be a very sobering experience. Once you have done that, you are ready to start setting the bar high for 2021. I strongly encourage you to then download the Link to “The 10 Steps to Achieving your Life Dreams” Work Book which will walk you through Goal Setting that aligns your business and professional life – and it’s even based on the latest goal setting research for success… Contact EMinfo to receive this free Goal Setting Guide.
Here’s to your success in 2021.