II. The Yearly Planning Worksheet
Now let’s look at what you want to personally produce, on your own desk, in 2018. This does not include the production of your recruiters. Once we get your goal number, we can break it down and tell you what you need to do on a daily basis to reach that number.
Let’s say that we set your new goal at $500,000 for 2018. I am going to modify this number a little and use $508,032 to make my math easier for you to follow. This is how it works…
1. Take the $508,032 and add to it any fixed and variable expenses which will be incurred during the year, especially office expenses. Let’s say, in your case, your expenses are already taken care of from the income earned from your recruiters, so we don’t add anything to your initial number. This is Net Cash-In.
2. Now take the $508,032 and divide this by .90 for the fall-off factor. Big Billers feel that if they can keep their fall-off factor at less than 10%, that is acceptable, keeping in mind that fall-offs do occur, many times through no fault of our own. So we get a new number of $564,480. This is Net Billing
3. Now take the $564,480 and divide this by .98 for the bad debt factor. Big Billers feel that if they can keep their bad debt factor at less than 2%, then that is acceptable, especially in this economy. So we get a new number of $576,000. This is Gross Billing.
4. Now take the $576,000 and divide this by your average fee of $18,000. That will give us 32. So you need to make 32 placements in 2018 to achieve your goal of $500,000. This is Net Placements.
Now let’s proceed to Level Two:
1. Take those 32 placements and divide by 12 months. You need to make almost 2.7 placements per month.
2. Now take those 32 placements and multiple them by your Send Out First (SO1) to Placement Ratio of 7:1. All Big Billers know their SO1-Placement ratio. That number is 224, on a yearly basis. Divide that number by 52 weeks and you get 4.3. You need to arrange 4.3 SO1s per week.
3. Now take those 32 placements and multiple them by your Job Order (JO) to Placement Ratio of 4:1. All Big Billers know their JO-Placement ratio. That number is 128, on a yearly basis. Divide that number by 52 weeks and you get 2.5. You need to write 2.5 JOs per week.
4. Now take the number of Send Outs arranged on a yearly basis (224) and multiple those by 10 because it generally takes a Big Biller 10 connect calls with the Hiring Manager (HM) to arrange one SO1. That number is 2240 (yearly). Divide 2240 by 260 (workdays in a year) and we get 8.6. You need to make 8.6 marketing ‘connect’ calls per day.
5. Now take the number of placements (32) and multiple them by your Recruit Hit (Rec) to Placement Ratio of 8:1. All Big Billers know their Rec-Placement ratio. Now take that number and multiple it by 10 because it generally takes a Big Biller 10 connect calls with a potential Recruit before they recruit one. That number is 2560 (yearly). Divide 2560 by 260 (workdays in a year) and we get 9.8. You need to make 9.8 recruiting ‘connect’ calls per day.
If you achieve all of those activity goals, you will reach your main 2018 goal of $500,000.
And there you have it. Pretty simple, no?
*(for more information on the yearly planning worksheet, or to see a sample yearly planning worksheet, contact me directly)*